Become a part of our statewide movement to ensure that every child enters kindergarten prepared to succeed and on a path to read to learn by third grade.
Our Advocacy Efforts
- In June of 2018, GEEARS, along with other partner organizations signed on to this letter to Halt the Separation of Children from Parents at the Border. Read the letter here.
- In May of 2018, GEEARS submitted comments on the proposed Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Plan for Georgia FFY 2019-21. Read our comments here.
Support Early Education Efforts in Your Community
- Enhance an early learning center’s library by donating complex storybooks. For a list of suggested books, email Mindy Binderman, Executive Director.
- Volunteer to read to a class- but first, watch this video by the Atlanta Speech School for important tips.
- Help us ensure that every family of a child under five in Atlanta has a summer filled with enriching literacy activities by being a part of the GEEARS-led Mayor’s Summer Reading Club. Learn more.
Support Early Education Through Philanthropy
- Partner with us to improve the quality of early education in Georgia.
- Make a donation to GEEARS to support our work.
Spread the Word
- We all interact with children- either our own children, grandchildren, neighbors, or just the children we see in restaurants and other public places. Be intentional with these interactions. Let every moment make a difference.
- Become a Champion for early childhood by joining our First 2000 Days Campaign.
- Share the Quality Rated child care system and search tool with friends and family searching for quality, child care in Georgia.
- Host a house party with GEEARS to educate your friends about the importance of early education. Email Mindy Binderman, Executive Director.
Support Early Education in Your Workplace
- Support family friendly employment practices:
- Give employees time off to attend events at their children’s schools.
- Ensure that your human resources department has information about Quality Rated to share with employees.
- Promote employee satisfaction and retention- and future workforce development- by ensuring that your employees have access to high quality, affordable early education programs for their young children. Visit our business toolkit for more information.
- Georgia State Senate
- Georgia House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
- QRIS Facts
- Early Education Facts
- Sample Letter to Legislators — from Parents
- Sample Letter to Legislators — from Business Leaders
- Early Education Flow Chart
- Mobilizing Business Champions for Children: A Guide for Advocates – from ReadyNation (formerly known as the Partnership for America’s Economic Success)