Advocacy may look a bit different these days, but it is no less important. Let’s make their potential Georgia’s priority. GEEARS: Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students, in partnership with ZERO TO THREE, is hosting a virtual advocacy training, called Strolling Thunder, for families with infants or toddlers across Georgia.
Share your stories about the joys and challenges of raising infants and toddlers in Georgia with elected officials to elevate the needs of Georgia’s youngest learners as a statewide priority —for stronger families, vibrant communities, and a prosperous state. This opportunity is for Georgia families with children ages 0-3. Your infants and toddlers are invited to attend this event with you. Families with a child aged 3 or younger that register and attend this event will receive a gift card for participation.
Please note that registration is required. Registration for Saturday, January 23rd is now closed. Registration for Thursday, January 28th will close on Saturday, January 23rd.
استمارة التسجيل باللغة العربية (Arabic Registration)
የአማርኛ ምዝገባ (Amharic Registration)
PRIOR TO THE EVENT: THINGS TO KNOW
The first 30 minutes of this event will feature entertainment from Alliance Theatre for infants and toddlers. We invite your little one to join you for this part of the event!
We will be using Zoom for the event. Be on the lookout for an email with the link to join prior to the event. A couple tips to make sure technology runs smoothly:
- Plan for an on-time start and to fully participate in the event throughout the scheduled time. We suggest you log on five minutes prior to ensure you’re properly connected.
- You will need a reliable internet connection and access to your device’s video, audio, and keyboard.
- We strongly suggest you use a laptop or desktop computer if possible. If you do not have access to such a device, please download the Zoom app on your phone or tablet prior to the event.
- If you have problems connecting or do not receive an email, please contact Madison Smith at for assistance.
Please find materials for the virtual advocacy training below. To find your state legislators, click here.
AFTER THE EVENT: NEXT STEPS
Thank you for attending the event! Make sure to complete these steps after the event to make sure your voice is heard!
1) Please finish writing your letters and make sure to sign your name!
2) Fold both letters and put in the same pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelope included in this folder. Feel free to put your own address as the return address.
3) Drop it off at a USPS location or mailbox. We ask that you please return this envelope by 2.5 weeks after the event so we can get it to your legislators in a timely manner.
5) In addition to dropping off the letter, you must complete the below follow-up form to receive the additional stipend.