Advocacy may look a bit different these days, but it is no less important. Let’s make their potential Georgia’s priority. GEEARS: Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students, in partnership with ZERO TO THREE, is hosting a virtual advocacy training, called Strolling Thunder, for families with young children across Georgia.
Share your stories about the joys and challenges of raising infants and toddlers in Georgia with elected officials to elevate the needs of Georgia’s youngest learners as a statewide priority —for stronger families, vibrant communities, and a prosperous state. This opportunity is for Georgia families with young children.
Registration for Saturday, January 29th and Thursday, February 3rd is closed. Thanks to all who attended!
PRIOR TO THE EVENT: THINGS TO KNOW
Following a brief introduction, the first 10 minutes of this event will feature entertainment from Alliance Theatre for young children. We invite your little one to join you for this part of the event!
We will be using Zoom for the event. Be on the lookout for an email with the link to join prior to the event. A couple tips to make sure technology runs smoothly:
- Plan for an on-time start and to fully participate in the event throughout the scheduled time. We suggest you log on five minutes prior to ensure you’re properly connected.
- You will need a reliable internet connection and access to your device’s video, audio, and keyboard.
- We strongly suggest you use a laptop or desktop computer if possible. If you do not have access to such a device, please download the Zoom app on your phone or tablet prior to the event.
- If you have problems connecting or do not receive an email, please contact Madison Ford at for assistance.
Please find materials for the virtual advocacy training below.
- Attending on Saturday, January 29th? Click here for a welcome letter and instructions.
- Attending on Thursday, February 3rd? Click here for a welcome letter and instructions.
- Click here for letter writing tips. To find your state legislators, click here.
- Click here for sample letters.
AFTER THE EVENT: NEXT STEPS
Thank you for attending the event! Make sure to complete these steps after the event to make sure your voice is heard!
1) Please finish writing your letters and make sure to sign your name!
2) Fold both letters and put them in the same pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelope included in the package you received. Feel free to put your own address as the return address.
3) Drop it off at a USPS location or mailbox. We ask that you please return this envelope by two weeks after the event so we can get it to your legislators in a timely manner.
5) In addition to dropping off the letter, you must complete the below follow-up form to receive the additional stipend. If you are having difficulty uploading your photos to the form below, please email your photos to .