PAACT Fund for Quality: Atlanta Family Child Care Relief Grant Guidelines
Application Opens: Thursday, August 26 at 8 pm
Application Deadline: September 16, 2021 at 11:59pm
Grants of up to $15,000 will be awarded and all eligible child care programs that submit a complete application and meet the criteria outlined in the application and guidelines will be awarded.
About the Grant:
PAACT: Promise All Atlanta Children Thrive, a citywide alliance convened by GEEARS: Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students, in partnership with the Low Income Investment Fund (LIIF), is launching a new grant program – the PAACT Fund for Quality: Atlanta Family Child Care Relief Grant. This program is exclusively for family child care learning home programs located in the City of Atlanta and will provide grants to family child care learning homes to help sustain operations as they continue to navigate the impacts of COVID-19 on their child care businesses.
Grant funding of up to $15,000 may be used to cover operation costs such as payroll, rent, utilities, and insurance. The family child care learning home business owners may also use funding to purchase program materials, furniture, or supplies needed to meet the demands of operating during COVID-19 and beyond. All eligible child care programs that submit a complete application and meet the criteria outlined in the application and guidelines will be awarded. PAACT and LIIF are proud to support family child care home providers who care for over 180 children from age birth to five in the City of Atlanta.
Grant funding is only available for licensed family child care learning homes located in the City
of Atlanta, caring for children ages birth to five. Applicants must:
- Be located in the City of Atlanta
- Licensed by August 9, 2021
- Have no substantial licensing infractions
Grants may be used to cover the following expenses:
- Other routine operating expenses (e.g. rent, utilities, insurance, etc.)
- Furniture and program materials to meet health and safety guidelines (e.g., room dividers, additional materials to facilitate social distancing guidelines, etc.)
- Sanitation supplies (e.g., cleaning supplies, masks, thermometers, portable sinks, etc.)
Higher funding tiers will be given to programs that:
- Primarily serving families with low incomes and those with the greatest need
- Be Quality Rated or in process (receiving TA or waiting on an assessment)
- Accept CAPS subsidies
- Participates in the PAACT Fund for Quality Facility Improvement Program
- Operate within the Washington and Douglass APS clusters or other areas with a high
population of children under 5 in poverty and known shortage of high-quality child care (prior to the crisis) – (See ATL Access Map for more information.)
The PAACT Fund for Quality: Atlanta Family Child Care Relief Grant will open Thursday, August 26 at 8 pm and will close on Thursday, September 16 at 11:59 pm. LIIF and PAACT will host an information session on Thursday, August 26th at 7 pm to provide an overview of the grant opportunity, review the application, and give applicants an opportunity to ask questions and hear from other local early childhood education stakeholders.
Applicants submit a complete application with the required uploads by September 16, 2021. LIIF staff may request additional information as needed. If you have any questions or need assistance with the application process, please contact Ruth Tesfaye at (202) 929-0249 or rtesfaye @liifund.org.