The GEEARS team is excited to announce that applications for the next cohort of the Preschool to Third Grade Leaders Fellowship are now open! We’re inviting early learning program directors, elementary school administrators, and district leaders to apply for this unique opportunity to work and learn together, develop solutions for themselves, and implement coordinated practices across the birth-8 continuum while becoming distinguished leaders in the space.
We are asking all alumni to submit a quick (5 minutes or less) video testimonial to help recruit candidates for the program. Below you will find key questions and prompts to help share your experience and encourage others to apply for the program.
Topics of Discussion
- Important Questions:
- What’s special to you about working with this early education age group of children 0-8?
- Share one reason you wanted to participate in the P-3 Leaders Fellowship.
- Now that you’ve gone through this program and learned about this birth through 8 continuum, how do you think your work has changed?
- What’s something surprising you learned from leaders from the other side of the P-3 seam?
- What was the most exciting thing you did in the fellowship? What was the most challenging thing you did?
- Optional Questions:
- What would you say to someone who isn’t familiar with the P-3 system or the P-3 Leaders Fellowship?
- Since finishing the Fellowship how have you stayed connected?
- How important was it to you that you were doing this with a group of other site leaders from your area?
- How do you see this work continuing into the future and how do you envision a healthy P-3 system in Atlanta?
- Prior to your experience in the Fellowship, what P-3 work had you done if any? What P-3 work had you wished you had seen in the community?
- Keep it short and sweet. When sharing your message, use clear, concise language. Avoid long-winded explanations and stay on topic. Video testimonials should be 5 minutes or less.
- Be authentic. Avoid reading directly from a script. If you find it helpful to use a script, practice a few times in the mirror to become as comfortable as possible with delivering your message.
- Using a mobile device to film? Be sure to film in landscape (horizontal) mode.
- Be mindful of your background. Avoid filming in high-traffic areas.
- Speak up. Ensure that the audio in your video is clear and at a reasonable volume.
- Avoid distracting clothing. Busy patterns and clothing with largely printed names and logos may take the attention away from the message.
- Be aware of lighting. Film in a location that has balanced lighting. Avoid super bright lights and dimly lit areas.