GEEARS: Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students is excited to announce the seventh annual Strolling Thunder on Thursday, February 22nd, from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM. For those who are unfamiliar, this event brings families from around Georgia to the Capitol to speak personally with elected officials about the joys and challenges of raising young children. This event includes a virtual training session before the day, a morning session, going over to the Capitol to speak with legislators, a legislative lunch, and many kid-friendly activities!
We are excited for this to be our biggest and best Strolling Thunder yet, including moving to a new location at the Freight Depot. For the first time ever, we are creating an official partnership role for Strolling Thunder and are inviting your organization to join us.
As an Official Partner, you receive:
- Two tickets to the legislative lunch;
- Optional tabling at the legislative lunch; and
- Logo placement on signage and the shirts for volunteers.
In return, we ask that you:
- Provide at least two volunteers to support the morning’s activities (more details to come);
- Promote the event to families with young children and expectant parents (registration for families and expectant parents can be found here) and
- Provide a donation of $250 to support the costs of the event, including stipending families.
Please complete the form below by January 29th, if you are interested in becoming an official partner. Note that we are restricting official partners to members of the Georgia Infant-Toddler Coalition to support aligned messaging at the event, so please do not share this webpage with others outside of your organization.
We hope that your organization will join us in making the state’s youngest learners a priority for state leaders as an official partner at this year’s Strolling Thunder.
Complete both forms below to become an official Strolling Thunder Partner.