We operate to inspire and provide leadership for a statewide movement on quality early learning and healthy development for all children ages birth through five.
Please consider supporting GEEARS’ advocacy efforts by making a donation that will support Georgia’s earliest learners and their families. Your tax-deductible donation supports our work as early childhood advocates and the leaders of this movement.
Click the button below to make a secure donation.
Purchase Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha’s Book
By the crusading pediatrician who brought the fight for justice in Flint to the national spotlight, What the Eyes Don’t See is a powerful first-hand account of the Flint water crisis, the signature environmental disaster of our time, and a riveting narrative of personal advocacy. Here is the dramatic story of how Dr. Mona used science to prove Flint kids were exposed to lead, and how she courageously went public with her research and faced a brutal backlash. The book explores the horrific reality of how misguided austerity policies and callous bureaucratic indifference placed an entire city at risk. A medical and scientific thriller, the book grapples with our country’s history of environmental injustice while telling the inspiring personal story of Dr. Mona whose family roots in social justice activism helped her turn the Flint crisis around.
- Check out the GEEARS One Pager to learn more about how we advocate for Georgia’s youngest children.
- The Growth of Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Services in Georgia by ZERO TO THREE spotlights the work GEEARS has done in bringing together cross-sector private and public partners to advance policies and programs benefiting infants, toddlers, and their families.
- Investing in the Well-Being of Georgia’s Infants and Toddlers explores the needs of Georgia’s infants and toddlers, including child care and mental health, and how the state can invest in their future. The resource brief was developed in partnership with Child Trends.
- Parents’ Guide to Preventing Lead Exposure is an informative guide for parents that outlines how to prevent young children’s exposure to lead.
- Lead-tainted Atlanta neighborhood becomes major Superfund site