We invite you to attend our Speaker Series fundraiser and luncheon featuring pediatrician, scientist, activist, and author, Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha. Dr. Hanna-Attisha testified four times before the United States Congress and was awarded the Freedom of Expression Courage Award by PEN America. She was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World and recognized as one of USA Today’s Women of the Century for her role in uncovering the Flint water crisis and leading recovery efforts. She recently received the 2020 CDC Foundation’s Fries Prize for Improving Health. Her book, What the Eyes Don’t See, was an official selection of The New York Times Book Review for ‘100 Notable Books of 2018.’
Dr. Mona joins us to share her advocacy journey of working to bring national attention to the Flint water crisis. She’ll deliver a personal account of her research and activism to expose and mitigate the effects of the Flint water crisis. Learn how she used science to prove that children in Flint were affected by lead and about the brutal backlash she faced after courageously going public with her findings.
This event is a fantastic platform to honor Representative Katie Dempsey with the Early Childhood Champion Award in recognition of her outstanding work on the Childhood Lead Exposure and Infant and Toddler Social and Emotional Health Georgia House Study committees.
Both Dr. Mona and Representative Dempsey are shining examples of leadership and commitment to the health and well-being of our youngest children. Join these honored guests and us to hear their leadership stories and be inspired to use your voice to lift the needs of children and families in your community.
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM (Doors open at 11:30)
Loudermilk Conference Center, 40 Courtland St NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
Sponsorship & Ticket Information
- $5,000 Early Education Champion – Two tables for 8. Name prominently displayed on event materials and promotions for the entire year, including website and annual report.
- $2,500 Toddler Ally – Two tables for 8. Name displayed on event program, annual report, and website.
- $1,000 Newborn Proponent – Table for 8. Name displayed on event program, annual report, and website.
- $100 Early Bird Individual Admission – One discounted ticket. Available through February 28th.
- $125 Individual Admission – One ticket.
We expect this event to sell out, please purchase your tickets early!Click here to register.