Members of the child care workforce, including early childhood educators and afterschool and youth development professionals, play an integral role in teaching and providing care for the state’s young children. These educators have worked tirelessly over the course of the pandemic to meet the needs of children and families. As the course of the pandemic has shifted and vaccines have become more readily available, questions and concerns remain.
In July 2021, GEEARS partnered with the Georgia CEAL team of Morehouse School of Medicine to host an informative event, “A Conversation About the COVID Vaccine: Just for the Child Care Workforce.” We are excited to share the recording and resources to help answer questions related to the COVID-19 vaccine that members of the early childhood workforce may have.
- Georgia CEAL PowerPoint Presentation
- Georgia CEAL COVID-19 Vaccine Infographics (Uno en Espanol)
- COVID-19 Guidance for Operating Early Care and Education/Child Care Programs
- COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit for Staff in School Settings and Childcare Programs
- Quick Guide: Help Protect Your Child Care Center from COVID-19
- Quick Guide: Help Protect Your Family Child Care Home from COVID-19
- COVID-19 Child Care Program Symptom Screening Flowchart
- Handwashing Posters for Children, Staff, and Parents
- Free Child Care Available While You Get Vaccinated